Sunday, October 25, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Sorry for not giving you some music recently... I've been busy. I've also been neglecting Disney's TV.



SCARECROW!!!
Normally, I would put all my info here, but IMDB and Wikipedia fail me. I can't give any specifics really.

Anyway, The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh was a three part series for the Wonderful world of Disney. Despite being intended for US release first, it was released in England where it shared a bill with Sword in the Stone.

The protagonist is named Reverend Syn who is a "Modern Day" (during the revolutionary war) Robin Hood for the people of Romney Marsh England. He had two assistants, the governer's son and his church's Deacon (I think it's a deacon) who smuggle money and goods in and out and the money is used for taxes.


In the three adventures he has to save an American, keep one of his men from betraying him, then rescue several men falsely imprisoned (by blackmailing the Vicar! Aka himself to help the men out)

After it was edited, and reedited, and released in short runs, an unedited version was printed on DVD by Disney in 2008 complete with the original Walt Disney intros (which referred to the Scarecrow as being real)

Anyway, Enjoy the song!

No comments:

Post a Comment